The role involves a range of communications to promote a positive image of Foodbank Queensland including organising advertising, online and digital work, plus various other tasks such as media releases and developing communications plan. The Communications Officer must work alongside management and administration to aid in the media development of Foodbank Queensland. Currently this position is voluntary.
Some key responsibilities:
- CoordinateFoodbank’s internal and external communication channels
- Develop a communication plan
- Carry out key actions within the communication plan, such as;
- Assisting with online and social media
- Writing media releases.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or equivalent previous experience in a communications role
- Demonstrated experience in sourcing material and writing copy for publications,promotional material, sponsorship proposals and other strategic initiatives
- Demonstrated professional writing skills
- Develop, implement and maintain strong and effective communications with key stakeholders
- High-level written and verbal communication skills with the ability to translate complex issues into simple messages
- Demonstrated organisational and time management skills, and the ability to manage multipleprojects with competing deadlines
- Commitment to the philosophy ofFoodbank Queensland and the ability and desire to uphold these values.
- Demonstrated experience in event promotion
- Demonstrated experience liaising with media.
Written applications which detail compliance with the essential and desirable requirements should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org.