Communication Progress Report
(As at 31st January, 2013)
Referring to the comprehensive Communication Plan (and specifically Appendix B – the timeline), Julie-Ann (the Communication Officer) has carried out the following tasks:
- Made amendments to Appendix D and E of the plan (see attached)
- Please make any additional comments to Appendix D – Protocols
- Constructed a survey and e-mailed it to every business in the salesforce database
- Correlated all responses, entered them into a database and came up with some figures (see attached survey responses)
- Correlated all social media responses and promoted each organization accordingly (see attached survey responses)
- LinkedIn account
- Updated LinkedIn regularly with stories and links to welfare agencies and food sponsors
- An evaluation of LinkedIn’s usage (see attached)
- An “Impression” is the number of times the update has been viewed. “Engagement” measures how people react to the update. The calculation is “Engagement”/ total “Impressions” = measurement (the analytical data appears about 24 hours after the update is posted and will be posted and will be updated daily)
- Pinterest site
- There are three boards; welfare recipients, food sponsors and 2013 floods.
- Facebook site
- “View Insights” (see attached)
- Twitter account
- All social media sites are linked with each other
- Need employees to link their personal LinkedIn accounts with Foodbank Qlds’ account, so everyone can have access to it.
- Is it possible to somehow link the social media sites to the website (pinterest, facebook, twitter and LinkedIn)?
- Impact Church (Springwood) would like to receive the Foodbank Qld’s newsletters and so on.
- Is it possible to do a competition on facebook, so that we may have further social media interaction and a wider audience?
- A prize of a food hamper for a welfare agency?
Other topics of discussion
- Gus, can I look at the other communication plans you have been given and maybe I can use some of the ideas for implementation.
- Have had a problem with creating a Google + account as I believe it is related to Gus’ google account(?)
- What do you think of the idea of a blog?
- Do we need it?
- Is it possible to plan an event that helps promote Foodbank Queensland?
- A sausage sizzle for sponsors and welfare agencies?
- That produces cross media coverage,
- And networking amongst stakeholders.